Colorado Regulation Updates
Effective Date: October 14, 2022
License Renewal Season Starts November 1, 2022
The Colorado Division of Real Estate license renewal period starts November 1, 2022 and continues through December 31, 2022. Expired licensees may not conduct any business that requires licensure. If your license is on an inactive status, you must still renew your license if you wish to maintain the inactive status and avoid reinstatement fees.
Colorado state requirements
Renewal in both the NMLS database and in Colorado's licensing database must be completed on or before December 31, 2022, to avoid penalty fees.
December 31, 2022, is the deadline for the submission of both the NMLS and Colorado-specific renewal applications. Failure to renew in both systems will result in license expiration effective January 1, 2023.
February 28, 2023, is the last day to reinstate an expired license. Failure to reinstate in both systems by this date will result in license termination.
Colorado requires that all MLO applicants submit application in both the NMLS and Colorado’s E-license database.
Two-Step Renewal Process Colorado
There is a two-step renewal process for all Colorado mortgage loan originators. You must first complete your continuing education requirement before renewal will activate within NMLS.
The below steps are to be completed once your continuing education requirement has been met.
- Submit your renewal application in NMLS.
- Once your NMLS renewal application has been submitted you may submit your Colorado renewal application.
Online License Management Renewal Steps and Login Instructions
Login in to your online license management account to start the renewal process.
- Select “Online Services” from the upper right hand corner of the screen. From that menu, select “Renew/Reinstate Your License”
- Follow the prompts. Once payment has been submitted, print your receipt. A receipt will also be emailed to the address designated during the payment process. The Division will not provide payment receipts.
- Please allow 24 to 48 hours for your new license to generate in the online portal. You may confirm the update to your expiration date within your E-license account by selecting the “License Information” tab in the “Home” area of your account.
Mortgage Loan Originator Steps for Renewal and Reinstatement | Division of Real Estate (colorado.gov)
- MLO renewal is available from November 1 to December 31 each year.
- MLO reinstatement is available from January 1 to the last day of February each year.
- MLO renewal and reinstatement are 2 step processes. Step one is submission of your renewal/reinstatement application within NMLS. Once your renewal is completed in NMLS, you may renew your license in Colorado’s database. Use the above link to access E-license, then select “Renew/Reinstate License” during the renewal/reinstatement period to complete step 2 of the Colorado renewal process.