Careers at SCP
Onsite Compliance Officer
The SCP Onsite Compliance program provides mortgage compliance professionals with a career path that is unlike any other. With a team of support and access to cutting-edge technology solutions, Onsite Compliance Officers not only provide top tier support to SCP clients but streamline tedious tasks while staying current with industry-leading technologies.
Why SCP for Your Next Career?
Interested in hearing about new Onsite opportunities?
Want to hear about important compliance updates and news? Click here to register for our Compliance Corner!
The Compliance Officer will directly be responsible for planning, executing and managing all regulatory and compliance efforts in-house for SCP’s clients.
Location: Various cities across the US
- Monitor laws and regulations related to residential mortgage banking
- Provides advice, guidance and insight to Senior Management and staff personnel on emerging compliance issues and consults the company in establishment of controls to mitigate risk
- Provides assistance to various departments in the formulation of forms and disclosure documents for compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Implement any necessary additions or changes to company policies and procedures. Work closely with managers and SCP to review and update all policies and procedures at least annually.
- Monitor training program provided to client by SCP
- Manage the client’s required HMDA reporting and ensure the data is error free prior to the annual filing deadline.
- Research and coordinate responses to customer complaints received directly or through regulatory agencies
- Act as primary contact for regulatory exams. Coordinate the gathering of documentation requested by examiners. Draft responses to exams, with input from department managers as necessary. Ensure any agreed upon corrective actions are implemented.
- Oversee loan officers licensing under SAFE Act
- Minimum four (4) years in the mortgage compliance industry, specifically in originations
- Knowledge of all relevant federal and state residential mortgage including but not limited to TRID, TILA, ECOA, HMDA, RESPA, GLBA, SAFE Act and FCRA
- Experience with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines – prior experience working at a Fannie or Freddie approved seller/servicer helpful but not required
- Experience with NMLS licensing
- Experience performing researching and writing on a variety of rules, regulations and updates.
- Ability to manage complex assignments independently while working effectively as part of a team.
- Very attentive to detail and should have excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Prior management experience desired
Mortgage Compliance in the News
SCP Flash Update Single Family Housing Policy Handbook 4000.1 Update Published the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) published the quarterly update to its Single Family Housing Policy Handbook 4000.1 (SF Handbook). Revisions include updated policy guidance, clarifications, corrections, and additions to SF Handbook Section I (Doing Business with FHA), Section II (Origination through Post-Closing/Endorsement), and Section V (Quality Control, Oversight, and Compliance). Link to recent updates can be accessed here. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Washington State Department of Financial Institutions Please click on the link to read the letter from Richard St. Onge regarding a temporary partial waiver of renewal fees and an additional letter from Richard St. Onge regarding a temporary partial waiver of assessment fees. If you have any questions, please contact us.
VA Issues VALERI Special Announcement The VA announces that a fix has been deployed to resolve the uploading and viewing issues with documents in the VALERI application. Users can now resume uploading and viewing document files of up to 3.8MB. Link to Recent Update If you have any questions, please contact us.